Dormant Accounts

Reuniting you with your account

If you think you may have lost or forgotten about an old savings or bank account, we can help. To track down any accounts you may have, simply take one of the following steps:

  • Visit any Santander branch and speak to our team. Please bring any account documentation, such as a passbook or statement. You’ll also need some form of identification, for example a passport or driving licence.

  • Go to  to either complete an online request or download a dormant account form from the site, and send it to Santander at:


Savings Correspondence CST 1
PO Box 1109

Remember – any funds and interest accruing that you may have in a dormant account will always belong to you, no matter how many years have passed.

Unclaimed Assets Scheme
We participate in the unclaimed assets scheme established under the Dormant Bank and Building Society Accounts Act 2008.  The purpose of the scheme is to enable money in dormant accounts (i.e. balances in accounts that have been inactive or dormant for 15 years or more) to be distributed for the benefit of the community while protecting the rights of customers to reclaim their money.
Under the scheme, we may transfer balances of dormant accounts to Reclaim Fund Ltd (RFL). RFL is a not for profit reclaim fund which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. 
If we transfer the balance of your account to RFL, you will have against RFL whatever right to payment of your balance you would have had against us if the transfer had never happened. However, we will remain responsible for managing all aspects of the customer relationship with you and for handling all repayment claims (which we will do on behalf of RFL).  Therefore, you should continue to contact us in the usual way if you have any queries or complaints in relation to your account or balance.
Both we and RFL participate in the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS).  The transfer by us to RFL of your balance will not adversely affect any entitlement you have to compensation from the FSCS.

Useful Information